Are you interested in the POS business in Nigeria? Specifically the GTB POS? then You’re right where you should be. The GTB POS machine is one of the best in Nigeria. That’s why we’ve written this guide to show you how to start a POS business with GTBank and how you can become GTBank POS Agent.
Because of the limited capabilities of banks and ATMs to service the Nigerian population, which results in queues and then wasted time and sometimes effort. POS Agents in Nigeria have risen to the occasion by almost removing the need to visit banking offices or their ATMs.
With POS machines people can send and collect money instantly without going to a bank or ATM, Open accounts and they can also pay bills like (DSTV, Buy electricity and so much more.
This POS agent phenomenon has led to the popularity of the POS business in Nigeria. A lot of people are entering the business. As a matter of fact, anyone can become a POS agent in Nigeria if they have some space, and possess the requirements to possess a POS terminal like the GTB POS terminal.
Just before we get into how you can own a GTB POS machine, let’s see the services you can provide as a GTbank POS agent in Nigeria.
GTBank POS Agent Services & Benefits for Merchants
GTB PoS terminal provides a convenient, modern & efficient means of processing payments in real-time and allows GTbank POS agents to offer services like:
- Open GTBank Account Instantly,
- Withdraw & Deposit Cash in bank Accounts.
- Pay Bills
- Customer Enquiries.
- Funds Transfer Services (Local Money Transfers)
Next, let’s find out how to get a GTB POS machine and the requirements for becoming a GTBank POS Agent.
Requirements to Start POS Business with GTBank
Interested in how to start a POS business with GTBank? Here are the requirements you need to get a GTB POS machine and become GTBANk POS Agent:
- You need to possess GTB Current Account.
- Valid identification documents ( Passport, Voters Card, National Identity, or Drivers License).
- You need to have an existing business location.
- You also need NEPA bill or Waste bill as proof of your residential address.
HOW TO GET A GTB POS MACHINE FROM GTBANK
If you have the requirements to become the GTBank POS Agent, then here are the steps to take to get a GTB POS machine in Nigeria
- Visit the nearest GTBank branch
- Meet the next available customer agent at the banking hall
- Request for a POS application form.
- When and if your application is approved. You will be contacted by the GTBank to come and collect your GTbank POS.
- Alternatively, you can download the GTBank mobile money agent form, fill it and take it to the nearest GTBank branch.
GTB POS Charges
GTBank POS Machine Terminals are given free of charge after approvals. GTbank charges a fee of 0.75% for each payment or service made with the POS. While Gtbank provides free maintenance of the POS units.
How Long Does it take to get GTB POS?
Following all checks and approval of your account as a GTBAnk POS agent, you should receive your GTB POS about 14 days after applying. Try to keep in contact with GTBAnk to get up-to-date information about the process by calling your Account officer or by emailing email@example.com.
- GTBank Business Loan & Code: How to Get a Business Loan from GTB
- GTBank Loan & Code: How to Apply for a GTbank Loan