Updated on January 4, 2024
Are you a small business owner in Nigeria looking to make more income?
Or are you looking to start a POS business and make some money?
In this guide, I’ll show you how to get the Opay POS machine in Nigeria.
You’ll also learn the price of the POS machine and the daily target and charges you’ll pay as an OPay mobile money agent.
Owning an Opay POS machine means you have to become an OPay agent or merchant.
Having access to a Point of Sale (POS) machine can be a game-changer for your business in Nigeria. Especially with how digital payments are transforming the way businesses in Nigeria operate.
Just by using a Point-of-Sale (POS) device, an OPay agent can help people deposit money, make withdrawals, pay bills, and do local funds transfers.
Opay offers free POS to your business when you become an OPay merchant and low fees on all transactions, which will help you generate income when you help people perform financial transactions for a fee.
Ready to learn all you need to know about the Opay POS machine in Nigeria? Let’s dive in.
How to get OPay POS
To get an OPay POS Machine in Nigeria and become an OPay agent or merchant with a free POS machine, follow these steps:
- You’ll need an OPay Account. If you don’t have one, You can get one by visiting the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and download OPay. Next, just follow the instructions to register your Opay account.
- After setting up your Opay account, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an OPay merchant registration form, or just fill out the form here.
- To complete your Opay POS Merchant registration you’ll require the following documents; Your Bank Verification Number (BVN), A utility or another bill dated no later than three months before merchant registration as proof of your address, a copy of your national ID card, driver’s license, or international passport and a passport photograph.
Note: You do not need a Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) or business name documents to register as an OPay merchant. You can do so without these documents.
Why an OPay POS?
Here are some reasons to choose OPay POS Machine in Nigeria:
- Opay POS is very portable, functional, and more durable than the regular POS.
- With the Opay POS, you can perform financial transactions like check-outs, withdrawals, deposits, airtime/data top-ups, pay bills as well as other mobile banking services.
- You get instant settlements for all transactions done with the POS machine.
After you’re done registering for the Opay Merchant account, it will be 48 hours before Opay gets back to you through an Opay mini specialist or you can contact them at +23418888329 and email@example.com.
Their response will let you know if you’ve been accepted as an OPay POS merchant or not as well as the next steps to take.
Based on the POS commissions of OPay, it is one of the best POS rates in Nigeria at the moment.
To make sure that your application is accepted, you must provide accurate information when filling out the merchant registration form.
OPay POS Machine Price in Nigeria
The price of the Opay POS machine price is ₦0, Zilch. The POS machine is given free to merchants that have been approved.
However, there’s a catch (there’s always one isn’t it?), Opay insists that a caution fee of 20,000 Naira must be available in your OPay wallet as soon as the POS application is approved, after which the caution fee charge will start to take effect (the caution fee is taken from your wallet).
This N20,000 will be refunded to the Opay agent when they return the POS machine to the company.
Related: All POS Machine Price in Nigeria
Opay POS Charges
Opay POS charges can go as low as 0.5% per transaction (if you’re using the mini POS).
However, note that the Initial charge per transaction is 0.6% and then 0.5% after upgrading to Preferred Merchant status.
Checkout: The Cheapest POS Charges in Nigeria
Opay Pos Customer Care Number
Opay customer care number is +23418888329, you can also contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you need help right now with your OPay POS machine? Contact OPay customer service via chat at +234 (01) 8888329.
OPay Office Address is Alexander House, Otunba Jobi Fele Way. Ikeja. Lagos, Nigeria.
OPay Customer Email Address
Do you have a question regarding your OPay POS business? You can help yourself through the OPay email channel – email@example.com
OPay POS Machine Fraud-Related Issues (Contact)
For fraud-related issues regarding POS, you can contact OPay via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related POS COntent: