Last Updated on December 21, 2022
Owning an Opay POS machine means you have to become an OPay agent or merchant.
In this guide, we will show you how to get OPay POS machine, the price of the POS machine and the Opay POS Charges you’ll pay if you become an Opay merchant and make money from the POS business in Nigeria.
The primary goal of an OPay POS operator or agent is to provide financial services to the community where they live or operate in.
An Opay agent will help members of their community to minimize or even remove the need to visit a bank branch or an ATM for Money.
Also See: Baxi POS: How to get Baxi POS Machine
Just by using a Point-of-sale (POS) device, an OPay agent can help people deposit money, make withdrawals, pay bills and do local funds transfers.
Opay also called Paycom is a mobile money service that is licensed by the CBN. Opay offers free POS to your business when you become an OPay merchant as well as low fees on all transactions, which will help you generate income when you help people perform financial transactions for a fee.
ON THIS PAGE
Why Choose OPay POS Machine in First Place?
Here are some reasons to choose OPay POS Machine in Nigeria:
- Opay POS is very portable, functional and more durable than the regular POS.
- With this POS, you can perform financial transactions like check-outs, withdrawals, deposits, airtime/data top-ups, pay bills as well as other mobile banking services.
- You get instant settlements for all transactions done with the POS machine.
OPay POS Machine Price in Nigeria
The price of the Opay POS machine price is ₦0, Zilch. The POS machine is given free to merchants that have been approved.
However, there’s a catch (there’s always one isn’t it?), Opay insists that a caution fee of 20,000 Naira must be available in your OPay wallet as soon as the POS application is approved, after which the caution fee charge will start to take effect (the caution fee is taken from your wallet).
This N20,000 will be refunded to the Opay agent when they return the POS machine to the company.
Moving on to the meat of the gist: which is how to get Opay POS Machine, we will show you how to go about becoming an Opay Merchant/Agent and getting starting your POS business in Nigeria or just offering real-time money transfer services to your customers.
Let’s get to it.
12 People are Reading: ALL POS Machine Price in Nigeria
How to get OPay POS Machine in Nigeria
To get an OPay POS Machine in Nigeria and become an OPay agent or merchant with a free POS machine, follow these steps:
- Step 1. You’ll need an to have OPay Account. If you don’t have one, It’s easy to get one. Visit the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and download OPay. Next, just follow the instructions to register your Opay account.
- Step 2. After setting up your Opay account, send an email to [email protected] requesting for an OPay merchant registration form or just fill out the form here.
- Step 3. To complete your Opay POS Merchant registration you’ll require the following documents: Your Bank Verification Number (BVN), A utility or another bill dated no later than three months prior to merchant registration as proof of your address, a copy of your national ID card, driver’s license, or international passport and a passport photograph.
Note: You do not need Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) or business name documents to register as an OPay merchant. You can do so without these documents.
After you’re done registering for the Opay Merchant account, it will be 48 hours before Opay gets back to you through an Opay mini specialist or you can contact them at +23418888329 and [email protected].
Their response will let you know if you’ve been accepted as an OPay POS merchant or not as well as the next steps to take.
Based on the POS commissions of OPay, it is one of the best POS rates in Nigeria at the moment. To make sure that your application is accepted, you must provide accurate information when filling out the merchant registration form.
Opay POS Charges
Opay POS charges can go as low as 0.5% per transaction (if you’re using the mini POS). However, note that the Initial charge per transaction is 0.6% and then 0.5% after upgrading to Preferred Merchant status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Opay Pos Customer Care Number
Opay customer care number is +23418888329, you can also contact them at [email protected]
Do you need help right now with your OPay POS machine? Contact OPay customer service via chat at +234 (01) 8888329. OPay Office Address is Alexander House, Otunba Jobi Fele Way. Ikeja. Lagos, Nigeria.
OPay customer representative Email Address
Do you have a question regarding your OPay POS business? You can help yourself through the OPay email channel – [email protected]
OPay POS Machine Fraud Related Issues
For fraud-related issues regarding POS, you can contact OPay via email: [email protected]