Last Updated on January 18, 2023
Learn how to block GTB ATM Card in Nigeria.
If your GTB ATM Card has been lost or stolen, just dial *737*51*10# using the mobile number linked to your GTBank account and your ATM Card will be blocked automatically.
Once you block your GTB ATM Card, all transfer or debit transactions will be restricted on the ATM card. So no one will be able to withdraw money or make any payments using that ATM Card.
You can also block your GTB ATM card by logging on to GTWorld (GTB Internet Banking), calling GTConnect, GTBank Contact Care Centre or visiting any GTB branch near you.
How to Block GTB ATM Card with USSD Code
If your ATM Card has been stolen or lost, just dial *737*51*10# using the mobile number linked to your Account. Alternatively, you can block your GTB ATM Card by dialling *737*51*74# from any mobile number. You will be required to provide the phone number registered to your GTB account and your 737 PIN.
Once you lock or block your GTB ATM Card, all transfer or debit transactions will be restricted on the ATM Card. So no one will be able to send, transfer or withdraw money using that GTB ATM Card.
How to Block GTB ATM Card Using SMS
If you don’t have access to an internet-enabled phone and for some reason, the USSD code option isn’t working, then you can use the SMS method, to block your GTB ATM Card. Send “HOTLIST account number” to 08076665555. If your GTB ATM card is linked to that account number then it will be blocked.
How to Block GTB ATM Card Online
You can block your GTB ATM card online by using GTBank’s internet banking platform. You can also use it to block your account as well. Here’s how to block your GTB ATM using these steps:
- Visit GTBank’s internet banking platform
- Log in using your UserID/Account Number/Phone Number/ Email and password
- Select the Self-Service Option
- Then, Click on the Card Switch off/on Option to disable your GTB ATM Card
- Next, Choose the duration for the Card block (‘date from’ and ‘date to’)
- Then input your secret question answer
- Click on the submit button
- Finally, confirm the Card disable request.
How to Block GTBank ATM Card on Mobile App
You can block your GTB ATM on the GTBank mobile app by following these steps:
- If you haven’t already, Download and Install the GTBank mobile app on your phone.
- Log in to the mobile app and navigate to Card Section
- Insert your GTB ATM card number
- Then go to Hotlist
- Enter the reason for hotlisting the ATM Card
- Enter your Account’s secret answer and password/token and click continue and click submit.
Also See: How to Check BVN GTB
How to Unblock my GTBank Account with 737
To unblock your GTbank account with 737, follow these steps:
- Dial *737*11# with the phone number linked to your GTB Account account.
- Next, you’ll be asked to Input your BVN
- Then, Click on 1 to continue
- NGN100 (reactivation fee) will be deducted from your GTB account.
You can also unlock your account by calling GTConnect, GTBank Customer Care or by visiting any GTBank branch near you.
How to Block GTB Account With Code
You can block your GTB account with USSD Code by:
- Dialling *737*51*74#
- After which You will be required to provide the phone number registered to your GTB account and your 737 PIN.
- After providing the details your GTB account will be blocked.
- Your GTB account will be restricted from transfers and all debit transactions.