Updated on September 29, 2023
Are you interested in how to open Access bank account online? This guide will take you through the Access bank account opening process both online and offline.
You don’t have to go to a bank branch to open a bank account in Nigeria these days. You can open an account from anywhere using your mobile phone or any internet-enabled device.
Access Bank Plc is a commercial bank in Nigeria that is part of Access bank group – a financial conglomerate with a presence in over 6 African countries and the UK. Access Bank is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria.
Usually, you can open an Access Bank account by contacting the Access Bank contact centre, the Access Bank website or one of its bank branches. However one of the quickest ways to open an Access bank account online is via the bank’s website or by using the USSD code.
How to Open Access Bank Account Online with BVN
You can open an access bank account online in Nigeria either via the Access bank account opening page or the Access bank mobile App.
To open an Access bank account via the website you just have to visit the Access bank account opening page and provide the information required.
You can open an Access bank account online using the Access bank mobile app by following these steps:
- If you don’t have the Access bank mobile App on your Smartphone you can download it on the Google Play Store or Apple Store by searching for “Access bank PLC.” and Downloading the Access Bank Mobile app.
- After successfully installing the app on your mobile phone, open up the app and then click on “Register.”
- Next, enter your “Mobile phone number” and Click on “Continue.”
- Then you’ll instantly receive an “Authentication code” via SMS on your phone.
- Next, enter the authentication code you received into the app
- Then, select “Savings Account” or your Preferred account type
- Next, type in your “First name”, your “Last name.”. Also input your date of birth.
- Then choose your gender, and click on next.
- Again, you’ll be asked to enter your “Mobile number” and a valid “Email address.”
- Then enter your “National ID number” (Any Government ID will do)
- Next, select your city of residence and click on continue.
- Then type in the name of your “Next of Kin” and enter the phone number of your next of kin and your relationship with the next of kin.
- Next, choose your preferred Access bank branch (one close to your location)
- Finally, click on “Create Account” to complete your Access bank account opening.
Checkout: How to Borrow Money from Access Bank
Access Bank Account Opening Requirements
Here are the requirements you need to open a savings account with Access Bank online:
- Access Bank mobile bank app
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- Next of kin
- Phone Number of your Next of kin
- Active internet connection
How To Open Access Bank Account with Phone & Code
You can also open an Access bank account using USSD Code. This is a great method for Access bank account opening as it doesn’t require an internet connection to work.
Any mobile phone and a working SIM card are all you require to open an account with Access Bank with this process.
Here’s how to open an Access bank account using the USSD code:
- Dial the Access bank account opening code *901*0# on your phone and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Next, your first name and your last name will be requested, and then send it
- Then, just follow the on-screen prompts to complete your registration. Some of the information you’d be required to provide will include a valid email address, phone number, date of birth, home address as well as your BVN.
- Finally, after completing these steps, your Access bank account number will be sent to you immediately via SMS.
- Also, you can then visit any Access bank branch to update and validate your information at your convenience.
Can I Open an Access Bank Account Online?
Yes, you can open an Access bank account online via the Access bank website.
What is the Code to Open Access Bank Account?
The code to open an Access bank account is *901*0#.