Recently updated on September 29th, 2023 at 04:02 am
Last Updated on September 29, 2023
There was one time I went to a party and somehow lost my ATM card. Suddenly I wanted to learn how to block my ATM Card as it was a weekend. If you’re in a similar situation, no need to fret. You’re in the right place.
if you have lost your ATM card or it has been stolen, then it is important you take the necessary steps to protect the money in your account. It doesn’t matter how small it is, things are expensive you know.
I’m sorry you’re in this position, but the good news is that there is a solution for those who think that their ATM card might be compromised. You can block your ATM.
How to Block My ATM Card in Nigeria
Usually, it doesn’t matter what bank in Nigeria you use, you can block your ATM card via these methods:
- Your Bank Mobile App
- Bank USSD code
- Bank Internet Banking platform
- By calling Bank’s customer care
You can block your ATM card using your mobile phone usually in less than 30 seconds depending on how quickly you do it.
Below are more detailed steps to take to block your ATM card in Nigeria for different banks in the country.
How To Block my ATM Card First Bank
Yes, it’s very simple to block your First Bank ATM card. Here are some ways to go about it:
- You can immediately dial First bank’s First-contact on 07080625000, 014485500, 0700-FIRSTCONTACT. Follow the prompt and Select Option 2 to block your card.
- To Block your First Bank ATM card is simple. Pick up your phone and make sure the SIM you registered with First Bank is the one on the phone and send “BLOCK” to 30012. Within 24 hours your ATM card will be blocked and you can’t withdraw or make payments with it again.
- You can block your Firstbank ATM card online by using First Bank’s internet banking platform called FirstOnline.
How to Block my ATM Card GTB
You can block your GTB ATM card using an ATM terminal, GTBank’s Internet banking platform, GTB’s Mobile app, USSD Code and even via SMS.
Here are the ways to go about it:
- If your GTB ATM Card has been stolen or lost, just dial *737*51*10# using the mobile number linked to your Account. Alternatively, you can block your GTB ATM Card by dialling *737*51*74# from any mobile number. You will be required to provide the phone number registered to your GTB account and your 737 PIN
- If you don’t have access to an internet-enabled phone and for some reason, the USSD code option isn’t working, then you can use the SMS method, to block your GTB ATM Card. Send “HOTLIST account number” to 08076665555. If your GTB ATM card is linked to that account number then it will be blocked.
- You can block your GTB ATM card online by using GTBank’s internet banking platform or by contacting GTConnect using the following contacts. 0700GTConnect (0700482666328), 01-4480000, 08039003900 or 08029002900 to request for your ATM card to be deactivated immediately.
How to Block my ATM Card for Access Bank
You can block your Access bank ATM Card in Nigeria by dialling *901*11#, and then follow the instructions on the screen. Access Bank will automatically block your ATM debit card.
How To Block my ATM Card Fidelity Bank
You can block your Fidelity ATM card by dialling *770*911# using the phone number linked to your Fidelity account.
You can also block your Fidelity Bank ATM card by sending an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Block Zenith Bank ATM Card
You can block your Zenith Bank ATM card via the mobile app by:
- Log in to the Zenith Bank app
- Navigate to the menu bar and select Cards and Cheques.
- Select Deactivate Card and then enter a reason for the deactivation.
- Next, click on continue.
You can also block your Zenith bank ATM card by contacting them using the following numbers 012787000, 014647000 and 012927000.
How to Block Stanbic IBTC Bank ATM Card
To deactivate a Stanbic IBTC bank ATM card that is stolen or lost, just Dial *909#. Then choose “my bank” followed by “service request,” next is to “select block card,” and the card will be deactivated in a matter of minutes. You can also choose the alternative which is, text NUBAN to 30909 using your registered number to the account, then link it to the card by replacing the NUBAN with your account number.