Updated on December 7, 2023
Convenience is key when it comes to managing your finances. Every Nigerian bank has come to understand this, and now each bank in Nigeria has its own USSD code for performing banking transactions. While there are differences and some distinctions between all the different bank codes, they work the same way. For the Zenith bank code, you can use it to carry out banking transactions on your Zenith bank account.
Zenith Bank offers a suite of USSD codes that allow you to perform various banking tasks right from your mobile phone. Whether you want to check your account balance, transfer funds, or even pay bills, Zenith Bank USSD codes have got you covered.
The Zenith bank code in Nigeria is *966# while the Zenith bank transfer code is *966*Amount*Mobile Number#.
This guide will go through how to activate the USSD Code for Zenith Bank and use it to check your Zenith bank account balance, transfer money from your account, get a Zenith bank loan, for airtime purchases, check your account number, and even block your ATM card if needed.
In this article, we have mentioned all the most useful USSD codes for Zenith Bank that you must know to get information and perform transactions with your Zenith bank account.
What is The Zenith Bank USSD Code & Transfer Code
The Zenith Bank USSD code is *966#. While the Zenith transfer code is *966*Amount*Mobile Number#. Customers of Zenith Bank to be able to perform transactions with their bank account using shortcodes without the need to use the internet (Zenith Internet banking or Mobile App).
How to Activate USSD Code for Zenith Code
If you’re interested in using the Zenith Bank code, then you must first learn how to activate the USSD code for Zenith Bank.
Suppose you want to register and activate the Zenith bank code, here are the things you need:
- Zenith bank account number.
- Mobile phone number linked to your Zenith bank account.
- A mobile phone that can make a call.
Here’s how to activate the USSD Code for Zenith Bank following these steps:
- Dial the Zenith bank code on your phone — *996# on the phone number linked to your Zenith bank account. (Note: You can also open a Zenith bank account instantly using the Zenith bank USSD code).
- Next, follow the instructions displayed on your screen after dialing the code to continue with the Zenith Bank USSD code activation.
- Then add your bank account number.
- Next, you’ll need to create a four(4) digit secret PIN and complete the registration on your phone.
That is it how to activate the USSD code for the Zenith bank Account on your mobile phone.
What is Zenith Bank Code to Check Balance
The Zenith Bank Code to check the Account Balance is *966*00#. Dial this code using the phone number linked to your Zenith Bank account.
To check for the balances on any Zenith bank account, just dial; *966*00# on your phone and follow the displayed instructions.
How to Check Zenith Bank Account Number using Zenith Bank USSD Code
To check your Zenith bank account number using Zenith bank USSD follow these steps:
- On the phone number linked to your Zenith bank account; dial *966*00#.
- Next, enter your Zenith bank PIN or the last four(4) digits number of your ATM card.
- Then select Send.
- In a few seconds, you will receive an SMS with your Zenith bank account number. After that, you’ll receive an SMS with your account balance as well.
Code to Open Zenith Bank Account
You can open and start using a Zenith bank account with the Zenith bank USSD code. Here are the steps to take:
- Dial this code; *966*0# to open a Zenith bank account from your phone and follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
- Next, You will be asked to input your First and Last name for your new Zenith bank account.
- Then you’ll be asked to create a 4-digit PIN.
- After which you’ll Confirm the PIN.
- If the PIN was successfully created, you will get a message, thanking you for choosing Zenith Bank, as well as an SMS, with your new automatically generated Zenith account number.
So you don’t need account opening forms to open a Zenit bank account number you can use the Zenith bank USSD code (*966*0*#) or open a Zenith bank account online using the Zenith website.
Zenith Bank Transfer Code: Zenith Bank USSD Code for Money Transfer
The Zenith bank transfer code is *966*Amount*Account Number#.
This is the code for transferring money from your Zenith bank account to other bank accounts; another Zenith bank account, GTB, Kuda bank, UBA, Access bank, etc.
To transfer money from your Zenith account using your USSD, just dial the code; *966*Amount*Account Number# and complete the money transfer by entering your Zenith bank 4-digit authentication PIN.
Zenith Bank Code for Airtime
The Zenith bank code to buy airtime for yourself is *966*amount#. While the Zenith bank airtime code to buy airtime for others is *966*Amount*Mobile Number#.
For an airtime purchase to be successful, just make sure to dial the Zenith Bank airtime code using the phone number linked or used to create your Zenith Bank account.
Zenith Bank Code for Checking BVN & Code to Update BVN Details
The code for checking BVN for Zenith Bank is s *565*0#. While the code to update Zenith Bank BVN details is *966*BVN#.
Zenith Bank Cardless Withdrawal Option
The code to manage the Zenith Bank cardless withdrawal option is *966*60#. Just dial the USSD code and select option 7.
Deactivate Zenith Bank EazyBanking Profile
To deactivate your Zenith Bank EazyBanking profile (Zenith Bank USSD banking), dial *966*20*0#.
How To Deactivate Zenith Bank Account
You can deactivate your Zenith bank account, whether it is to protect it by stopping all debit transactions from your account in case of scam or fraud or for other reasons.
To deactivate your Zenith bank account number, just dial; *966*911# from any mobile phone. Then enter your account number then enter your AlertZ mobile number (PIN). Then press “1” to instantly block your Zenith Bank account.
To unblock your Zenith bank account, you’ll have to visit a Zenith Bank branch.