Last Updated on January 17, 2023
A lot of fintech companies in Nigeria suspended their operation of Virtual dollar cards in Nigeria. Some of these companies include Flutterwave (Barter), Eversend, Busha and Klasha. However, some companies’ virtual dollar card services still work in Nigeria so there are alternatives if the one you use doesn’t work anymore.
A virtual card is the same as a physical card, except that it is a digital card (non-physical), and can only be used for online shopping and for making payments online.
You can get a Virtual Naira card or a virtual dollar card in Nigeria. But the focus of this guide is virtual dollar cards in Nigeria, so that’s what will be our main focus.
Shopping online in Nigeria, paying for subscriptions or making normal digital payments from Nigeria can be a challenge, especially on foreign international platforms like Facebook, Alibaba, Aliexpress, Amazon, Netflix etc.
Usually, people in Nigeria use their Master or Visa Credit or Debit Card to make these payments but atimes these cards are either not accepted or have restrictions on them.
Other times you might urgently need to pay for stuff online and you don’t have your physical debit or credit card with you or you might have to get to a bank for one of these cards. Yes, there’s no doubt, you can use a physical dollar card from one of the Nigerian banks for paying for stuff but you’ll need a domiciliary account in Nigeria. This can be a bit difficult for a lot of Nigerians. The stress, the documentation and the required minimum deposit can be discouraging for a lot of people.
This is where virtual dollar cards in Nigeria come in.
- Best Quality Credit Cards in Nigeria
- How to Save in Dollars in Nigeria
- Best Online Payment Gateways in Nigeria
- Best Platforms for Buying & Selling Giftcards in Nigeria
A virtual dollar card is a dollar-denominated non-physical card for making payments online and not for physical card transactions like the withdrawal of cash. They tend to work where Naira-denominated physical debit or credit cards from Nigerian banks and financial institutions fail.
Virtual cards are very useful in that you dont have to go to a bank to get one. You can get one using an app from your smartphone.
There are a lot of fintechs in Nigeria offering virtual dollar cards in Nigeria, so you’ll definitely find one that suits your needs. You can have multiple virtual dollar cards in Nigeria if you want to. Just read on to find out the best platforms for a virtual dollar card in Nigeria.
ON THIS PAGE
Best & Cheapest Virtual dollar Cards in Nigeria
Here are the he best virtual dollar cards in Nigeria right now for buying and paying for stuff online:
1. Flip by FluidCoins
Fluidcoins is a crypto-powered payment and savings app that lets you send And receive money anytime, Anywhere using just Your Flip Tag or the Flip App. This app also lets you save and grow your wealth in Stablecoins (Crypto), and also make payments to merchants via the app make online payments with its crypto-powered virtual dollar cards.
The Flip virtual USD cards are one of the visual dollar cards that are working at the moment, unlike the other popular ones like Flutterwave and Eversend.
The Flip virtual dollar card has a $1500 limit per transaction. You can start using this virtual dollar card by downloading the Flip App
2. Changera by Bitmama Virtual Dollar Card
Changera is another interesting fast and secure app that lets you send money to Nigeria from anywhere in the world. The app also lets you create virtual dollar cards in Nigeria that are available for use globally.
Once you create your virtual dollar card on Changera, you can fund it via FIAT or Crypto wallet.
Changera allows you to create multiple virtual dollar cards, so you can have several cards for different online activities.
Changera is available on Andriod and iPhone app stores respectively
You can also send money to your friends and family in Nigeria with this app from African countries, the US and Europe. You can fund your Changera wallet through your card or through a bank transfer.
Changera is a product of Bitmama.io.
3. Payday Virtual Card
Payday lets you send and receive money globally in seconds. It also has a virtual dollar card for buying stuff internationally online and making online payments as well. You can also open USD, GBP and EUR account for free.
Payday virtual cards allow you to shop anywhere Mastercards are accepted. for now, there are no limits to the Payday virtual dollar card.
4. CashBuddy Virtual Dollar Card
CashBuddy lets you create virtual dollar cards in Nigeria that work on global platforms like Skrill, Amazon, Apple Music, Stripe, Binance, Facebook, Instagram, PayPal, Netteller, etc.
The Cashbuddy app lets you pay and get paid in Africa.
Creating a CashBuddy virtual dollar card cost $3, the transaction fee is $0, the Maximum Card Load Amount per 24 hours is $10,000, and the Maximum Card Load Amount per Month is $10,000.
5. ALAT Virtual Dollar Card
Owned by Wema bank, ALAT was the first digital bank in Nigeria. Just like Kuda bank, ALAT allows you to operate a bank account without having to go to a bank.
To get an ALAT virtual card, you’ll need to have an ALAT account. You also get a physical debit card with ALAT.
To get an ALAT Virtual Dollar Card follow these steps:
- Download and Sign up for ALAT on its app if you haven’t already
- Sign in to ALAT on Mobile or Web.
- Navigate to the main menu and Tap on Cards
- Click on ALAT Dollar Card
- Click on Create a New Card
- Then Fill in all required information to proceed and create your virtual dollar card.
6. Wallet.Africa Virtual Dollar Card
Wallet.africa is another fintech in Nigeria that you can use to create virtual Dollar cards in Nigeria.
Wallet.africa has other features like instant account statements and physical cards. However, creating a physical Dollar card with a Wallet cost ofN1,500.
To get a virtual dollar card on Wallet follow these steps:
- Sign up for Wallet by downloading the Wallet Mobile App to create an account
- Click on Cards
- Tap on Create your card
- Then fund your virtual dollar card on Kuda bank.
7. Chipper Cash Visa Virtual Dollar Card
Burna boy’s Chipper Cash also provides Virtual dollar cards in Nigeria that can be used for online international transactions. The virtual dollar card can be funded right from the user’s Chipper wallet and is absolutely free to acquire.
The Card can be used online in the same way you use your physical debit or credit cards.
Chipper USD Virtual dollar Card Funding, Spending and Withdrawal Limits are:
- Maximum Withdrawal – $1000 daily
- Minimum Withdrawal – *No Limit*
- Maximum Funding Limit – $1000 daily
- Minimum Funding Limit – *No Limit*
- Maximum Daily Spend Limit – $1000
- Maximum Monthly Spend Limit – $5000
8. Fundall Virtual Dollar Card
Fundall is another platform that offers virtual dollar cards in Nigeria. The Fundall Virtual US Dollar Card is a prepaid dollar-denominated card that allows you to make payments and shop online anywhere in the world without restrictions and without the need to input your ATM card numbers.
The Fundall app lets you easily generate multiple Virtual US Dollar Cards to make a one-off payment for ongoing transactions.
Creating a Virtual Dollar Card on your Fundall app is easy. Also, creating your first Virtual Dollar Card on the Fundall app is free.
To create a Fundall Virtual Dollar Card, follow these steps:
- Sign up to Fundall by downloading the app and registering. If you have an existing Fundall account, just sign in to your account.
- Tap on the Spend option.
- Select the Cards option.
- Then tap on Add new card
- Select the Virtual US Dollar Card option.
- Customise your card by adding a label and your preferred billing address.
- Fund your card with an amount as low as $5 by inputting the naira equivalent.
- Then click on ‘Fund Card’ to complete your Fundall virtual card creation process.
9. EyowoVisa Virtual Dollar Card
Eyowo is another great platform for creating virtual dollar cards in Nigeria.
Eyowo is a reliable financial technology company that allows you to make payments, pay bills and receive money with just your phone number. You are also entitled to a “cardless ATM withdrawal” service if you use Eyowo. This allows you to access physical cash without your ATM card.
Eyowo allows you to fund your virtual Dollar card with as low as 1 dollar.
Get a Virtual Dollar Card on Eyowo by following these steps:
- Sign in to the Eyowo mobile app (Download it if you haven’t)
- Navigate to the dashboard and Tap on “More”
- Then Tap on “Eyowo dollar cards”
- Click “Create Card”
- You can now Fund your virtual card.
10. Bitsika Virtual Visa Dollar Card
Bitsika is an app for easily sending and receiving money between Ghana and Nigeria.
Your Bitsika wallet allows you to receive and transfer funds from your wallet to other Bitsika wallets, deposit and payout Cedis using MTN mobile money, AirtelTigo cash and Vodafone cash, deposit and payout Naira using a debit card or bank transfer.
You can also buy and sell Bitcoin, BUSD (dollar stable-coin) and ABCD stablecoin using your Bitsika wallet.
Bitsika also allows you to create a virtual visa card as well. To get a Bitsika virtual visa card, you can install Bitsika on your phone by clicking here.
11. Barter by Flutterwave Virtual Dollar Cards (Suspended)
Barter is a Flutterwave product that launched in 2019. One of the biggest fintechs in Nigeria that allow people to send and receive money from anywhere in the world. Barter by Flutterwave provides virtual Dollar cards in Nigeria that are used for online shopping and paying for anything online anywhere in the world.
How to Get Barter by Flutterwave Virtual Dollar Card on Barter:
- Sign up to Barter by downloading the Barter mobile app or by visiting the Flutterwave website.
- Add your details and complete the KYC (Know-your-customer) and verification stage.
- Add money to your Barter by Flutterwave account.
- Click on “Create new card”.
- Go on to create either a multi-functional or a platform-specific card.
- Fund your virtual Dollar card and start making payments online with ease.
12. Eversend Virtual Card (Suspended)
Eversend is a neobank in Africa. A mobile-only banking alternative where you can exchange, save, and send money instantly within and outside Africa.
It’s a fintech app that allows you to hold a multi-currency wallet. This means you can hold and exchange six different currencies: GHC, KES, NGN, RWF, UGX & USD. You can also send money to mobile money or Eversend accounts in Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Nigeria & Uganda. As well as create payments links that you can send to people for getting paid.
Eversend also offers Virtual Dollar Master Cards in Nigeria for paying for things online. You can also freeze and unfreeze your Eversend virtual card anytime as a protection against fraud.
To get the Eversend virtual dollar card, follow these steps:
- Sign up or Log in to the Eversend mobile app.
- Navigate to Cards and Tap it
- Then Tap on Create New Card
- Enter the amount you would like the card to hold.
- The minimum amount to create a card on Eversend is $5.
- Enter your PIN to confirm the transaction.
- Use the Add money feature to fund the card.
13. Spectrocard Dollar Card
SpectroCard is another legit platform for creating virtual Dollar cards in Nigeria.
To Create A Virtual Dollar Card With SpectroCard, follow the steps below:
- Create an account with SpectroCard.
- A verification email will be sent to you; click on the link within the email to verify your account.
- Update your account with all necessary information.
- Fund your Spectrocard account.
- Create your virtual Dollar card.
Another way you can get Virtual dollar cards in Nigeria is FXKUDI. FXKUDI users can send and receive money from anywhere with no charges.
To Create an FXKudi Virtual Dollar Card, follow the steps below:
- Register for an FXKudi account by visiting its official website or download the FXKudi app from Google Playstore or IOS app store.
- Verify your account via the email you used to register.
- Update your account with the necessary information.
- Fund your account.
- Create your FXKudi virtual Dollar card.
Best Free Virtual Naira Cards in Nigeria
15. Kuda bank Virtual Card
Kuda bank, one of the top digital banks in Nigeria also offers virtual cards too. Kuda bank is a digital bank for all your banking needs. The company also offers physical cards which they deliver for free to you. They also offer loans at some of the best interest rates too.
Kuda bank doesn’t charge for creating virtual cards on its app.
To create a virtual card on Kuda bank follow these steps:
- Open the Kuda app
- Tap Card on the menu at the bottom of your screen.
- Choose Request A Card.
- Then Tap Get A Virtual Card.
- Confirm with your Kuda transaction PIN, fingerprint or Face ID.
16. Gomoney – Virtual Naira Master Card
Gomoney is another digital bank in Nigeria that lets you create a virtual card in Nigeria that can be used for both international and local payments. As well as for setting up recurring subscriptions like Netflix, Apple, etc.
With a goMoney account, you can create a virtual debit MasterCard from the gomoney app. Apple Music or Netflix by paying with your virtual naira card.
To get a Gomoney virtual card sign up to the Gomoney app to create an account and you can now create a card.
17. Carbon – Virtual Visa Card in Nigeria
Carbon was a digital lender that has now grown into one of the digital banks in Nigeria where you can create a bank account in Nigeria from your smartphone and start paying bills, transferring money, accessing instant loans and also enjoy high-interest savings. Carbon also provides virtual cards to its users from its app.
The Carbon Virtual Visa Card can be used at terminals, e-Commerce sites, Payment Gateways, Google Pay, Apple Pay and other offline channels where virtual cards are accepted.
18. First bank – Debit Virtual Visa Card
FirstBank Virtual Card is a Naira-denominated debit card that is linked to your First bank account or wallet account. You can get the First bank virtual Card through the FirstMobile or FirstMonie Wallet apps.
However, the Virtual Card on the FirstMobile app is available both for local and international transactions and the Virtual Card on the Firstmonie app is only available for only local transactions.
Both FirstMobile and FirstMonie Wallet apps are available on Google Playstore for Android and Apple app store.
It cost N200 to get the FirstBank virtual card in Nigeria.
19. GTB – Mastercard Virtual Card
While Gtbank doesn’t have a Dollar virtual card, it does have a Naira virtual card powered by Mastercard you can use for local and international transactions.
The GTBank Naira Virtual card is designed for Gtbank customers who are frequently on online shopping sites, so they have a flexible alternative to physical payment cards.
The Gtbank virtual card is instantly issued after requesting via GTbank Internet Banking. The virtual card is also loaded through internet banking.
The Gtbank virtual card can also be converted to a physical debit card upon your request and the card is valid for 3 years.
To request for Gtbank Naira Virtual Card, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Gtbank Internet Banking Platform
- Choose Cards from the left-hand panel
- Then click on the Virtual Card request menu and fill the displayed form
- Click the new “Request Button” to request for a new virtual Pre-paid Card
- Select the Account to Debit for charges for your virtual card
- Click on the ‘Account to link’
- Answer your secret question and click the ‘Continue’ button
- The confirmation button will be displayed
- Generate a 6-digit code from your hardware token device
- Input the generated 6-digit token code on the confirmation page
- Click the ‘Submit‘ button
- Internet Banking will display the details of the Pre-paid card once your request is successful:- PAN (Card Number)- Expiry date- Activation Code- CVV
Leave a Reply