Last Updated on February 14, 2023
Everyone is now aware of USSD codes for performing financial transactions in Nigeria. For Union bank customers, one of the popular USSD codes is the Union bank transfer code, which we will discuss in this guide.
With the Union bank USSD code, customers can perform different types of banking transactions using any working mobile phone which doesn’t necessarily have to be connected to the internet.
This process of using USSD codes for banking transactions is called USSD banking, which is now very popular in Nigeria because of the ease it provides people who can perform transactions whenever and wherever they are.
The Union bank USSD code can be used 24/7 by their customers. So you can make financial transactions anytime and anyplace using any of the mobile networks available in Nigeria.
Sometimes when people say “Union bank transfer code” they actually mean the Union bank USSD code and vice versa. Because when you say “transfer code”, you’re actually referring to the code for making transfers using your account from a particular bank which is Union bank in this case.
While the main Union bank USSD code is *826#, there are different codes for performing different types of transactions using this Union bank’s *826# baking code.
The most popular Union bank USSD code is the Union bank transfer code which is used by Union bank customers to transfer money from their accounts to other bank accounts.
Now let’s go into detail about the Union bank transfer code and how to activate the Union bank USSD code.
ON THIS PAGE
The Transfer Code for Union Bank (Union Bank Transfer Code)
*826# is the main Union bank USSD code but the Union bank transfer code for transferring money to another Union bank account is *826*1*Amount*Account No#. While the Union bank transfer code for transferring money to another bank account is *826*2*Amount*Account No#.
This transfer code for Union bank allows you to quickly send money to other Union bank accounts and other Nigerian bank accounts.
Transferring money isn’t the only thing you can use Union’s bank USSD code for. There are banking codes for paying bills, buying airtime, buying data, checking your Union bank account balance and much more.
Union bank’s USSD code *826# works on MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile as long as the mobile number you’re using to dial the code is linked to your Union bank account.
Also, you can access the USSD banking services via any of the telecommunications networks in Nigeria. This means you can access the *826# transfer code on MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile, etc., provided that the number is linked to your Union bank account.
Features of the Union Bank’s USSD Code (*826#)
Here are the banking transactions you can perform using the Union bank USSD code:
- Transfer money to another Union bank account and to other Nigerian Bank accounts
- Buy Airtime for yourself & other people
- Buy Data for yourself & other people
- Check your Union bank account balance
- Open a new account with Union bank
- Pay Bills.
How to Activate the Union Bank Transfer Code on your Mobile Phone
If you’re going to use the Union bank transfer code, then you need to first activate the Union bank USSD code on your phone number which is linked to your Union bank account number.
However for this to happen, you need an active Union bank account, a Union bank debit/credit card linked to the account, and the phone number linked to your union bank account needs to be active as well.
Here’s how to activate the Union bank transfer code:
- Dial the Union bank USSD code*826# on your phone using the phone number linked to your union bank account
- Next, you’ll get a pop-up dialogue requesting for your Union bank account number.
- Enter your 10-digit Union bank account number into the space provided
- Next, enter the last 6 digits of your Union bank debit/credit card
- Finally, enter your 4-digit Union bank transfer PIN to authorize the activation
- That’s it! You’ve successfully activated the Union bank transfer code on your mobile phone.
Union Bank Transfer Code to Other banks
As we mentioned earlier Union bank has a transfer code for sending money to another Union bank account as well as to other Nigerian bank accounts.
The Union bank transfer code to other banks in Nigeria is *826*1*Amount*Recipient’s Account No#. For example, you’ll dial *826*2*8000*0011234567#and then enter your transfer PIN to authorise the fund transfer after confirming the recipient’s account details are correct.
NOTE: Transferring money from Union bank to other Nigerian bank accounts will attract a service fee of N10 Naira.
Union Bank USSD Codes List
- Check Union Bank account balance: *826*4#
- Airtime TopUp for Self: *826*Amount#
- Airtime TopUp for Others: *826*Amount*Recipient’s phone No#
- Buy Data : *826*9#
- Money Transfer to Union Bank account: *826*1*Amount*Account No#
- Money Transfer to other Nigerian banks: *826*2*Amount*Account no#
- Request a Union Bank debit card: *826*21#
- Union Bank Cardless withdrawal code: *826*7*amount#
- Request a Union Bank loan: *826*41#
- Pay merchants using Union Bank: *826*22*merchant code*amount#
- Code to Block and unblock Union Bank debit/credit card: *826*21#
- Code to Block your Union bank account from your phone number: *826*6#
- Code to Block your account from other phone numbers *826*6*mobile number#
How to Check Account Balance via the Union Bank Transfer Code
To check your union bank account balance, dial *826*4# using the phone number linked to your Union bank account. Then you will need to provide your Union bank 4-digit transfer PIN to authorize the transaction. Then
your account balance will be displayed on the screen and the balance will also be sent to you via SMS.
How do I Recover my Union Bank Transfer PIN
You need to visit the Union bank branch to recover your transfer PIN.
What is the Transfer Code for Union Bank Nigeria
The Transfer code for union bank Nigeria is *826#
Leave a Reply