Recently updated on September 25th, 2023 at 10:44 pm
Last Updated on September 25, 2023
Are you tired of waiting in long queues at the bank or dealing with the hassles of online banking for your financial transactions? The UBA Transfer Code, also known as the UBA USSD code, is your solution. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about using the UBA USSD code for swift and secure financial transactions with UBA.
UBA, the United Bank of Africa, stands as one of the leading commercial banks in Africa, with a vast customer base, particularly in Nigeria. The modern era of banking has brought about a significant shift towards USSD codes or Shortcodes, and UBA is no exception.
By dialling *919#, you gain access to a world of convenience, enabling you to open a UBA account, send money, pay bills, buy airtime, check your account balance, and more, all from the comfort of your mobile phone.
Gone are the days of waiting in long queues or the need for an internet connection. The UBA Transfer Code is available 24/7, making it perfect for both everyday transactions and emergency situations where time is of the essence.
We’ll show you the various UBA USSD codes for different transaction purposes, guide you through the transfer code activation process, and ensure you understand the essential security measures in place to safeguard your funds while using this USSD code.
UBA Transfer Code
There are two UBA transfer codes; for transferring money to a UBA account and for transferring money to accounts of other banks in Nigeria.
The UBA transfer code for transferring money to another UBA account is *919*3*account number*Amount# while the UBA transfer code for transferring money to accounts for other banks is *919*4*Account Number#.
List of UBA USSD Codes
Since the UBA USSD code *919# can be used for different types of transactions, there is a different UBA USSD code for every type of transaction. But for now, we’ll focus on the UBA transfer code.
The UBA transfer code lets you send money from your UBA account to other bank accounts from UBA and other banks in a safe and secure way. With the UBA transfer code, you can send up to a N1 Million Naira without the need for an Internet connection on your phone.
Here’s a detailed list of UBA Transfer and USSD Code:
|UBA Account Transaction||USSD Code|
|Open a UBA account||*919*20#|
|Check UBA Account Balance||*919*00#|
|Transfer to Another UBA Account||*919*3*account number*Amount#|
|Transfer from UBA account to other Bank Accounts||*919*4*Account Number#|
|Buy Airtime for Self from your UBA Account||*919*Amount#|
|Buy Airtime for others from your UBA Account||*919*Phone number*Amount#|
|Buy Data for Self from your UBA Account||*919*14#|
|Buy Data for Self from your UBA Account||*919*14*Phone number#|
|Block your UBA debit card||*919*10#|
|Freeze UBA account Online||*919*9#|
|ATM cardless withdrawals||*919*30*Amount#|
|Get UBA Bank statements||*919*21#|
|Generate OTP fo UBA Account||*919*8#|
|Smile data top-up from UBA||*919*23#|
|Bet9ja Wallet funding from UBA||*919*22*walletID*amount#|
|Baba Ijebu wallet Funding from UBA||*919*26*1#|
|Betking wallet Funding from UBA||*919*26*amount#|
|Lottomania wallet Funding from UBA||*919*26*2#|
|Oak pensions Funding from UBA||*919*27*2#|
|Pay for Taxes and Levies from UBA||*919*13#|
|Check LLC e-tag balance||*919*16*1#|
|Top up LLC e-tag||*919*16*2#|
|Pay for Dstv and Gotv from UBA Account||*919*5*2#|
How To Activate The UBA USSD Transfer Code
For you to activate the UBA transfer code, you need to have already collected your Uba debit card. If you have your card already, then let’s go on.
Follow the steps below to activate your UBA bank transfer code:
- Dial the UBA USSD Code, *919#. After which a welcome message will be displayed to you.
- Then press 1 to sign up.
- Next, You will be shown an option to either register your transfer code with your account number or the UBA prepaid card. Choose your preferred option.
- Next, Select “Prepaid with Pin” if you registered for a Uba prepaid account. If not, Select “Account with Pin”.
- Then Enter your 10-digit account number or the UBA Prepaid account number.
- Next, you’ll Create your USSD mobile banking PIN.
- Then you’ll be required to type in the last 4 digits of your UBA debit card or your BVN.
- Next, Confirm your PIN to complete the USSD activation process.
- You have successfully activated your UBA USSD code for transfer and all other transactions.
Code to Transfer Money from UBA to UBA
To transfer from a UBA account to another UBA account just dial this USSD code: *919*3*uba account number*Amount# using the phone number that’s linked to your UBA account. E.g *919*3*1234567890*5000#.
Benefits of Using UBA USSD Code for Money Transfer
Here are some benefits of using the UBA transfer code:
- It is a safe, secure and convenient way to send money.
- You can use this option any time of the day (24/7)
- It can be used on any of the mobile networks in Nigeria.
- No Internet connection is required.
How To Deactivate Your UBA Mobile Banking Profile With USSD
You can also deactivate your mobile banking service in case there is a loss of your is useful in situations where your UBA bank account is compromised.
There is a UBA USSD code to deactivate your account to protect it from fraudsters.
To deactivate your mobile banking profile follow these steps:
- Dial *919*911#
- Next, you will be required to enter the phone number registered to your UBA Bank Account.
- Then Follow the instructions shown on your phone screen to deactivate your UBA account successfully.
UBA Transfer Code To Another Bank
To code to transfer from your UBA account to another bank account is *919*4*Account number*Amount# using the phone number that’s linked to your UBA account. F
UBA Account Balance Code
The UBA code to check your account balance is *919*00#.
To check your UBa account balance follow these steps:
- Just dial the UBA balance check code from the phone number that is linked to your UBA account.
- Then follow the instructions and enter your 4-digit USSD pin to authorise the transaction
- Your account balance will be displayed on the screen and also sent to you via SMS notification. (Note: A service fee of N30 naira will be deducted from your account anytime you use the UBA code to check your balance)
Code To Borrow Money From UBA Bank
To borrow money from UBA dial *919*28# on the phone number linked to your UBA account. Just make sure you meet the requirements for getting a UBA loan.
Code To Check UBA Account Number
As I mentioned earlier, you must be registered for UBA mobile banking using the phone number linked to your UBA account to be able to check your UBA account number,
The UBA code to check for your UBA account number is *919# on the phone number linked to your UBA account.
USSD Code To Open A UBA Account Number With Magic Code
You dont need to visit a UBA bank branch to open an account. You can open a UBA account using your mobile phone and a USSD code.
The UBA USSD code to open a UBA account on your phone is *919*20#.
Here’s how to open a UBA account on your phone using these steps:
- Dial *919*20# and a welcome message will appear on your screen asking “Do you have a BVN?
- Just Enter your BVN and then follow the instructions.
- Then Your UBA account number will be automatically generated and sent to you via SMS.
UBA Transfer Pin
Every UBA account holder will need to create a secure transfer PIN to be able to perform mobile bank transactions.
This UBA transfer PIN is a four-digit secret PIN you’ll need to authorise any USSD transaction you want to perform.
To create your UBA USSD transfer pin:
- Dial *919# on the phone number linked to your UBA account.
- Next, you will be required to register with either your prepaid card or account number.
- Then follow the instructions provided and create your 4-digit mobile transaction pin.
If you feel your UBA secure PIN has been compromised, you can either reset the PIN or just deactivate your account.
To Reset Your Pin:
- Dial *919#
- Then Press 8, and then press number 6.
- Finally, Press 4 (PIN setup)
- Then you will be presented with 2 options; choose either to Reset your PIN using your account number or Reset the PIN using a prepaid card.
- Follow the instructions, to enter your old PIN and change it to a new 4-digit PIN of your choice.
For Forgotten UBA Transfer Pin
If there’s a situation where you have forgotten your UBA Transfer PIN and can’t access the USSD code services. To recover your PIN, you will need to visit the nearest UBA branch and talk to a customer service agent for assistance.
UBA Secure Pass
The UBA secure pass is a mobile banking service that allows UBA users to perform transactions using USSD or UBA’s internet banking by generating an OTP.
To set up a UBA secure pass to generate OTP for your transactions, you’ll need to install a UBA secure pass. After installing it you will need your UBA userID from your mobile banking profile. Your UBA account will also need to be eligible for a One-time password login.