Last Updated on November 30, 2022
Investing in Real estate isn’t such a hard thing anymore. Real estate investment platform are starting to pop up. One such platform is Coreum.
This platform allows any Nigerian to make micro-investments in real estate. With Coreum anyone can own a fraction of real estate. You can also invest in more than one property.
See: Real Estate Companies in Nigeria
All assets in Coreum are acquired and held in trust by FBN Quest Trustees. A firm duly registered by the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission.
FBN Quest Trustees serve as Trustees for all co-investors and members of the platform and protects their interest and ensure that there are transparency and accountability.
Payment on the platform is processed and secured by Paystack.
Also See: Top Online Payment Gateways in Nigeria
Review of Coreum
4.0 Koboline rating
Coreum gets 3.8 stars out of 5 for overall performance. Coreum’s model for real estate investing is very interesting. You can invest in Lands or residential properties. Every property is divided into 100 units that can be purchased. The minimum investment of Coreum is N50,000. The projected ROI on your investment can range from 2x to 7.1% – 15%.
Ratings at Koboline are determined by taking into account pricing, discounts, ease of filing a claim, website transparency, financial strength, complaint data from social media.
Features of Coreum
- Each property on Coreum is divided into 100 equal slots. 1 slot is valued at 1% of the property price.
- You can purchase one slot or more. You can also y investing across different locations and property types.
- Minimum investment of N50,000
- You can liquidate (cash in) your investment before the maturity
- There are two plans. Growth and Passive income plan.
- The Growth plan allows you to invest in lands in high-growth locations and share in the value appreciation over a period of 5 years. The projected return on this plan is 2x.
- Passive income plan allows you to invest in revenue-generating multi-family, stand-alone residential or commercial real estate in high-demand locations and share rental income over a period of 5 years. The annual return on investment for this plan is 7.1% – 15%.
- There is also a dashboard for tracking your investment value, accessing your yield and withdrawing your returns.
- You can also fund your Coreum wallet with at least N5,000 and get 4% interest without even investing in any real estate investment plan.
See: Legit Forex Investment Companies in Nigeria
What Do You Need to Ask Yourself Before Investing with Coreum?
As with everything it all comes down to personal preference. The online investment platforms available in Nigeria today are quite varied. Yet there are only a handful of real estate investment platforms.
So you’ll want to ask yourself a couple of questions before deciding on whether you should invest with Coreum. Some of these questions are
- What’s your preferred time frame? The time period for real-estate deals can be from a few months to a few years. Coreum real estate investments are usually 5 years.
- What type of properties are you interested in? Are you interested in commercial real estate offers or residential properties? Some platforms even offer both.
- How much money do you want to invest in real estate investments? The minimum investment is N50,000.
- Debt or equity real estate investing? Coreum strictly offers equity. With equity, you’re a shareholder in the property, with debt you’re just a lender to the property owner and the property is the collateral for the loan. Debt and equity real estate investments have different types of risks and benefits.
The Bottom Line
Anyone can benefit from income-producing real estate in Nigeria as well as the capital gains it affords. With Coreum you can invest in fractions of properties. Hold them till maturity or sell them when you want to.
You can also check out other platforms like Rise and Wealth.ng that allow you to invest in real estate in Nigeria.
Leave a Reply