Recently updated on August 9th, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Updated on August 9, 2023
Are you interested in how to transfer airtime on MTN? We will show you how you can easily share your airtime credit on MTN with another MTN line in Nigeria.
Hey there, fellow MTN user! Ever found yourself wanting to share a bit of your airtime generosity with a friend or family member? Well, you’re in for a treat because we’re about to unlock the secret to hassle-free airtime transfers on MTN.
Imagine you’re chilling, scrolling through your phone, and suddenly, it hits you – your loved one could use a little extra airtime. Or the more likely scenario, they hit you up and ask that you show them some love by transferring airtime.
Whether it’s a quick chat or a last-minute emergency, being able to share your airtime effortlessly is a game-changer.In this guide, we’re spilling the beans on the nifty steps to transfer airtime on MTN.
No complicated jargon, no head-scratching procedures – just straightforward instructions to help you become the airtime hero among your circle.So, if you’re ready to spread the airtime love without breaking a sweat, stick around. Get your generosity flowing and let’s dive into the world of MTN airtime transfers
MTN line owners can share their credit or airtime (as we call it in these parts) by simply dialling a code and following the prompts in less than 10 seconds. Follow our detailed guide to know how to use this service without any hassle.
You’re able to transfer airtime on MTN from one line to the other because of MTN Share (formerly called MTN Share ‘N’ Sell).
MTN Share is a service that lets anyone transfer airtime from their MTN line to other MTN lines at no cost. MTN Share can be used by all new and existing MTN numbers or lines on the MTN network to transfer airtime Free of Charge.
Here are certain to note about how to transfer airtime on MTN:
- Airtime transfers in Kobo are not supported on MTN. You can only transfer airtime on MTN in Naira amounts and not in Kobo. For example, you can transfer N105.00 but not N101.99
- You can only transfer airtime on MTN from N50 – and NGN5,000 per transaction.
- The airtime daily transfer limit on MTN is N100,000. So you can transfer up to N100,000.00 from your MTN line to either a single or multiple MTN numbers every day.
- MTN has no limit to the maximum number of airtime transactions you can carry out daily.
- If your MTN prepaid line does not have enough credit to meet the amount you want to transfer, you will get an error message saying your transaction can not be completed.
- MTN postpaid numbers will only be able to transfer airtime when their account is positive. Airtime transfers when your account is negative (-) will not be successful. Let’s say your MTN postpaid account balance is N-250.00, you will not be able to use MTN Share to transfer airtime. But if say your MTN postpaid account balance is N300, then you will be able to transfer airtime to other MTN lines up to the available balance (N300) in your MTN account.
602 People are Reading: How to Borrow Airtime from Airtel
The MTN Share service is available via selected PIN codes (passwords), so only the actual owner of the MTN number can transfer credit from their line to another MTN line. This is a way to MTN accounts from being used to transfer airtime to other MTN lines without the owner’s consent.
MTN Share service protects users with a personal identifier number (PIN).
Since all MTN numbers have the same default PIN, which is 0000, you must change the default PIN (0000) to a PIN of your choice to enjoy the MTN Share service because you cannot share airtime on MTN using this default PIN code.
325 People are Reading: How to Check BVN on MTN
How to Transfer Airtime on MTN to MTN for the First Time
To be able to transfer airtime on MTN to MTNfor the first time, you must change your MTN default PIN, to do so follow these steps accordingly:
- You’ll need to come up with a new PIN that is only identifiable to you.
- Then send an SMS to 777 in this format: Default PIN New PIN New PIN. e.g ‘0000 3784 3784’ to 777.
- Alternatively, you can also change your default PIN by dialling the code like this: *777*Default PIN*New PIN* New PIN# using your MTN line. E.g dial *777*0000*3784*3784#
- Once you have changed your default PIN using any of the methods we have mentioned above, MTN will send you an SMS informing you that your default PIN has been changed successfully to the new PIN.
Once you’ve successfully changed your default PIn, you can now transfer airtime on MTN to MTN for the first time using your New PIN. Just follow the steps below.
How to Transfer Airtime on MTN using SMS
Here are the steps on how to transfer airtime on MTN using SMS:
- Send an SMS to 777 with your MTN line using this format: “Transfer Recipient’s Number Amount PIN”. E.g simply send an SMS to 777 like so: ‘Transfer 08034480550 1000 3784’.
- After sending the SMS, MTN will send a message to you asking that you confirm that you want to transfer airtime by sending an SMS; ‘YES’ to 777.
How to Transfer Airtime on MTN using USSD
Here are the steps on how to transfer airtime on MTN using USSD:
- Simply Dial *777*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# using your MTN line. E.g Just dial *777*08034480550*1000*3784# on your phone.
- After the airtime transfer has been completed, you will get an SMS from MTN telling you your transfer has been successful you that the transfer was successful.
How to Reset MTN Airtime Transfer PIN
If for any reason you forget your MTN transfer PIN, you will not be able to change your PIN by yourself. You’ll have to call MTN customer care number; 180, to speak to an agent who will help you retrieve your MTN Airtime transfer PIN.
However, if you still remember your PIN and you want to just change your PIN, you can do this via SMS or USSD code methods we talked about above.
How to Transfer Airtime on MTN to Airtel
The only way you can transfer airtime from MTN to Airtel is to buy the airtime from your bank account linked to an MTN Line. However, you can buy airtime for Airtel from any bank that you use.
How to Transfer Airtime on MTN Beta talk
You cannot transfer airtime on MTN if you are on the MTN beta talk tariff plan. To transfer Airtime to another MTN line, you will need to change your tariff plan from MTN Beta Talk to another MTN tariff plan.
Thanks for reading this is everything you need to know about how to transfer airtime on MTN in Nigeria.