Last Updated on September 30, 2023
Wouldn’t it be great if you could ensure that your friends and family never run out of data on their Airtel lines? Well, you can! In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through how to share data on Airtel to Airtel. No confusing tech jargon here – we’ve got you covered.
Change Your Airtel Data Transfer Pin
By default, Airtel sets your Data Transfer Pin as 1234. However, for security reasons, it’s highly advisable to change this to a unique four-digit number of your choice. This way, you’ll have complete control over who accesses your shared data.
To change your Airtel transfer PIN, follow these steps:
- Dial *321# using your Airtel line
- Select “PIN MANAGEMENT” and reply.
- Select option 1 for “Change PIN” then enter your old PIN and enter the new PIN.
How to Share Data on Airtel to Airtel code
- Dial *321# on your Airtel line.
- Select “Airtel to Airtel” from the options presented.
- Enter the recipient’s phone number and specify the amount of data you want to share.
- Input your customized Airtel Data Transfer Pin and click “Confirm.”
Once you’ve completed these steps, your recipient will receive a notification informing them of the data transfer. Easy, right?
How to Share Data on Airtel to Airtel Line Using SMS
If you prefer the simplicity of text messages, you can use this method. Open your text messaging app and compose a message in this format:
DATA [Recipient’s Number] [Amount]
For instance, if you want to share 100MB of data with the number 09046633579, your message would look like this: “DATA 0904005912 100.” Send this message to 321, and voilà! Data shared.
How to Share Data on Airtel to Airtel Line
Airtel has made data sharing even more convenient with their user-friendly app. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Airtel app on your smartphone.
- Locate and tap on the “ME2U” option.
- Enter the recipient’s phone number and specify the amount of data you want to transfer.
- Input your Airtel Data Transfer Pin and tap “Transfer” to authorize the sharing.
With just a few taps, you can send data to your loved ones hassle-free.
Can You Share Data on Airtel with MTN or Other Networks? The Scoop on Data Gifting
Unfortunately, Airtel currently only allows data sharing between Airtel numbers. So, you can’t send data to friends on other networks like MTN, GLO, or 9mobile. However, you can still keep your fellow Airtel users connected!
Pro Tips and Important Information for Airtel Data Sharing
Before you become a data-sharing pro, there are some key points to keep in mind:
- You can only transfer data once per day.
- The maximum data you can transfer at a time is 200MB.
- Data sharing is only possible with Airtel subscribers who have an active data plan.
- The recipient will need to accept the data transfer before they can use it.
What is Data Me2U?
Data Me2U, also known as Data Share, allows you to transfer data from your existing data bundle to another Airtel customer. This can be a friend, family member, or even your other device, as long as it has an Airtel line.
How can I Access Data Me2U?
To access Data Me2U, simply dial *321#. This will bring up a menu where you can select the option for Gifting or Me2U. Alternatively, dial *321# (The new Unified NCC Short Code) to access Data Me2U.
Now that you know the ins and outs of sharing data on Airtel to Airtel, you can keep your circle connected without the hassle of data shortages. It’s all about convenience and staying in touch, one shared byte at a time.