Updated on November 17, 2023
Do you have an Airtel line in Nigeria and want to quickly check your data balance? Here’s how to check Airtel data balance in Nigeria via SMS, online and even on your Airtel Mifi.
In today’s digital age, staying connected through mobile data has become an essential part of our daily lives. Airtel Nigeria, one of the leading telecommunication service providers in the country, offers a range of data plans to cater to the diverse needs of its users. To ensure you have a seamless internet experience, it is crucial to keep track of your data balance.
You can check your Airtel Data Balance in Nigeria via SMS or via code by dialling *141# or via or through the Airtel Nigeria mobile app.
In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to check your Airtel data balance in Nigeria, empowering you to monitor your usage effectively and avoid unexpected data depletion.
How to Check Airtel Data Balance via SMS
While the USSD method is popular in Nigeria, if you prefer a non-USSD method or if the USSD code option is not working, you can check your Airtel data balance in Nigeria by sending an SMS. Follow these simple steps:
- Open your messaging app on your mobile device
- Create a new SMS (Start a new message).
- In the recipient field, type “info” (without quotation marks).
- Send the SMS to the number 141.
- Immediately, you will receive a reply SMS containing details of your Airtel data balance.
How to Check Airtel Data Balance with USSD Code
One of the easiest and quickest ways to check your Airtel data balance in Nigeria is by using USSD codes. Follow the steps below:
- Unlock your mobile device and open the phone dialer.
- Dial *141# and press the call button.
- A menu will appear on your screen with different options for data services.
- Select the option that corresponds to checking your data balance (usually option 6 or 7).
- Wait for a few seconds, and your Airtel data balance will be displayed on your screen.
How to Check Airtel Data Balance in Nigeria with Airtel Self-Care Service
Airtel Nigeria provides a convenient self-care service that allows customers to manage their accounts and check data balances online. Here’s how you can use this method:
- Step 1: Open your web browser and visit the Airtel Nigeria self-care portal.
- Step 2: If you are a new user, click on the “Register” or “Sign Up” option to create an account. Provide the necessary details and complete the registration process. If you are an existing user, enter your login credentials to sign in.
- Step 3: Once logged in, navigate to the data balance section. This may vary depending on the website layout, but it is typically found under the “Account” or “Data” tab.
- Step 4: Your Airtel data balance, along with other account details, will be displayed on the screen.
How to Check Airtel Data Balance via Airtel Mobile App
To enhance user convenience, Airtel Nigeria offers a dedicated mobile application that enables customers to manage their accounts, purchase data plans, and check data balances. Follow these steps:
- If you don’t already have the Airtel App, Visit the Google Play Store for Android or the App Store for iOS).
- Step 2: Search for the “Airtel Nigeria” app and install it on your device.
- Step 3: Launch the app and log in using your Airtel number and the provided credentials.
- Step 4: Navigate to the “My Account” or “Data Balance” section within the app.
- Step 5: Your Airtel data balance, usage details, and other relevant information will be displayed on the screen.
How to Check Airtel Data Balance on Modem
You can check your Airtel data balance on your Modem or mifi in Nigeria by simply dialling *1411*0# from your MiFi device or the Airtel sim card linked to the mifi. You will receive an SMS containing your remaining data balance, as well as the expiry date.
How Often Should You Check Your Airtel Data Balance in Nigeria?
It is recommended to check your Airtel data balance regularly, especially if you are actively using the internet on your mobile device. Checking your balance once every few days or whenever you feel you have consumed a significant amount of data will help you stay informed about your usage and avoid any unexpected data depletion.
Can I Check my Airtel Data Balance while Roaming?
Yes, you can check your Airtel data balance while roaming. The USSD code method and SMS method mentioned in this article can be used irrespective of your location. However, it is important to note that roaming charges may apply if you are using data services outside of Airtel’s coverage area.
Can I Purchase Additional Data if My Balance is Running Low?
Yes, Airtel offers various data plans that you can purchase to supplement your existing data balance. You can explore the available data plans on the Airtel Nigeria website, the self-care service, or the mobile app. Choose a plan that suits your needs and follow the prompts to make the purchase.
Final Thoughts on How to Check Airtel Data Balance in Nigeria
Monitoring your Airtel data balance is crucial to avoid unexpected data depletion and manage your usage effectively. In this article, we have explored various methods to check your Airtel data balance in Nigeria, including USSD codes, SMS, the Airtel self-care service, and the Airtel mobile app.
By following the step-by-step instructions listed above, you can stay informed about your data usage and ensure a seamless internet experience with Airtel. Stay connected, stay informed, and make the most out of your Airtel data plans.
Remember, staying informed about your Airtel data balance will help you manage your usage effectively and make the most out of your data plans. If you have any further questions or issues, don’t hesitate to reach out to Airtel customer support for assistance.