The amount of buying and selling has massively increased because of the internet. Getting items across different cities and continents quickly and effectively is more important than ever.
Competition for delivery companies in Nigeria is on the rise. The logistics space in Nigeria is being disrupted by technology. However, with all these innovations and disruptions, finding reliable delivery companies in Nigeria can be quite a hurdle.
As the volume of e-commerce transactions is constantly increasing in Nigeria, smaller players other than the bigger e-commerce players like Jumia and Konga are entering the market. The bulk of these small players are using social media channels to sell products.
With Nigeria’s poor infrastructure, moving items around the country can be a bit tedious and expensive.
In this post, we present delivery companies that have top-notch services such as — security, speed, tracking, specialization, individualization and great user experience.
We have left out the more popular delivery companies like UPS, DHL and FedEx. Here’s the list of top delivery companies in Nigeria you should be using to you deliver goods across the country.
- 1 List of Delivery Companies in Nigeria
List of Delivery Companies in Nigeria
Sendbox offers local and international deliveries for personal and business use. Sendbox will charge you a delivery fee, based on the route and weight of your package.
Sendbox also has a business platform that also allows you to create a free online store (like flutterwave)that you use to sell products and receive payments. For items sold using the Sendbox for Business platform, Sendbox charges 2.5% of the total value of every product sold on the platform. The platform also offers marketing services for your online store at an affordable rate.
To start shipping and timely deliveries with Sendbox, sign up here.
- Website: sendbox.co
- Contact: 01 700 6150
- Location: 62 Old Yaba Rd, Alagomeji-Yaba 100001, Lagos
- Services: Local & International delivery, Integrated payment service, e-Commerce solution.
2. MAX (Metro Africa Xpress)
Max provides a safe delivery service and also terms itself as a bike ride-hailing service. MAX’s vision is to revolutionize last-mile mobility for logistics and transportation in Africa.
- Website: https://max.ng/
- Contact: 070062936864
- Location: 25b Bisola Durosinmi Etti Dr, Lekki Phase I, Lagos, Nigeria
- Services: Bike delivery dispatch
- Delivery Fees: ₦65/KM (A minimum delivery fee of ₦650). They also charge a fee of 1.5% for cash collections above N12000 and N200 for collections below N12000.
- Pay on Delivery: Yes
Wemove allows anyone to move goods or people with vehicles. Wemove is essentially a haulage company. The company offers cars, buses and trucks to people in need of them.
- Website: https://www.wemove.co/
- Contact: +234 (0) 808 651 4565, [email protected]
- Location: 78 Bode Thomas, Surulere, Lagos.Services: Haulage
Kobo360 is a leading logistics platform that operates in Africa. The company’s seamless platform allows anyone to simply request for a truck and have their goods picked up, and delivered to the requested location.
- Website: https://www.kobo360.com/NG/en/
- Contact: +234 818 678 0000
- Location: 22 Ikorodu Rd, Jibowu 100252, Lagos, Nigeria
- Services: Cargo Delivery(Haulage)
5. Red Star Express
Red Star Express PLC delivers a portfolio of absolute logistics in Nigeria. Their services cut across Domestic and International express delivery which include Freight Forwarding, Integrated Logistics, Information and Document Management Solutions, Warehousing, E-commerce Solutions, and many more. Trigger shipping and prompt delivery with Red Star Express today.
- Website: http://redstarplc.com/
- Contact: 07007337827
- Location: 70, International Airport Road, Lagos.
- Services: Freight Forwarding, Integrated Logistics Solutions, Information and Document Management Solutions, Warehousing. Packaging Services, Food Delivery, Agriculture Logistics, and E-Commerce Solutions.
6. Tranex Delivery Company
One of the indigenous delivery companies in Nigeria, Tranex has been offering domestic and international shipping since 1984.
Tranex is currently one of the only two Logistic Companies in Nigeria quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. The company’s fleet of motorcycles, delivery vans, buses and trucks. Ensure seamless delivery of clients’ consignments.
- Website: http://tranex-ng.com
- Contact: +234 8123682573
- Location: 28, Oshodi Apapa Expressway, Oshodi Lagos.
- Services: Haulage, E-commerce/Order fulfilment, Air/Sea freight and Warehousing.
7. AB Logistics
AB logistics is one of the cheapest Nigerian delivery companies on this list. They claim to offer cheap delivery of packages from door to door. At affordable rates, starting from as low as 800 Naira per light package. You can use this courier to send documents, parcels, invitations, etc.
- Website: http://ablogistics.com.ng/
- Contact: +234 704 614 5125
- Location: 53 Muritala Muhammed Airport Road, Ikeja, Nigeria
- Services: Haulage, Local & International shipping and Warehousing.
8. EMS SpeedPost
EMS, the courier arm of NIPOST has been in existence since 1986. It provides quick delivery and quality parcel handling to all users. It is one of the affordable courier services with a nationwide reach in Nigeria. EMS SpeedPost is reliable and trusted as well as cheap courier service.
- Website: http://emsng.com/
- Contact: +234-9087100300, +234-9087100301
- Services: Speedpost, Airpost express service, Intra-city delivery service.
- Delivery time: 1-2 days for domestic items and 2-3 days for international items
9. GIG Logistics
This is a popular delivery and courier company offering most logistics services. GIG has a presence in almost every Nigerian city. So it is easy to ship an item using this firm, as you can visit its office in your city to ship your package to a different Nigerian city.
- Website: https://giglogistics.com/
- Contact: 08139851120, 08170000021
- Location: Wole Ariyo Street, Lekki Phase 1 Lagos.
- Services: Ecommerce Logistics services, Domestic Courier services and International courier solutions
- Pay on Delivery: Yes
10. ABC Cargo
Founded in the 1990s, ABC Cargo offers courier and transportation services to people in Nigeria. This logistics company has nationwide terminal points that signify its reach. ABC Cargo is suitable for individuals and business companies.
- Website: https://abccargoxpress.com/
- Contact: 0813 986 2090
- Location: 2C, Ikorodu Road Fadeyi, Lagos State.
- Services: Ecommerce Logistics services, Haulage and Charter Services.
11. Kxpress Logistics
Kxpress has a proven delivery network and the company claims that its state of the art technology sets it apart from its counterparts.
- Website: https://kxpress.ng/
- Contact: 0909 2996 010
- Services: Nation-wide delivery, Reverse logistics and return
- Pay on Delivery: Yes
12. African courier express (ACE)
ACE is a consumer-oriented delivery service. The company prides itself as one that gives great customer service, speedy delivery and safety handling. Major e-commerce retailers have partnered with ACE to enable them to move their packages affordably and reliably across Africa.
Their technology-enabled logistics solutions afford a seamless customer experience for both retailers and customers.ACE suits all types of courier needs. The company delivers packages of all shapes and sizes.