Are you travelling to Dubai from Nigeria? Is it for pleasure or business? Then you need to know all the relevant details that come with travelling to Dubai from Nigeria.
It’s no secret that you can find a Nigerian in almost any country you visit. However, Dubai, “The city of Gold”, is a city that Nigerians are strongly in love with. Whether it’s the sleek architectural styles, it’s luxury shopping or bubbly nightlife that attracts Nigerians to the city. Dubai is a topmost destination for Nigerians seeking leisure and pleasure, and even migration.
Before Dubai became “The city of Gold”. It was just a creekside fishing village, then oil was discovered. Now it’s one of the top travel destinations in the world.
While travelling to Dubai from Nigeria is not entirely hard. There seem to be a few nagging questions about the whole experience of travelling to Dubai from Nigeria.
If its information regarding visa processes, trip info or details about the city. This guide contains relevant information concerning travelling to Dubai.
- 1 Does Dubai have an embassy in Nigeria?
- 2 Is Dubai a visa-free country?
- 3 Types of Dubai Visa available to Nigerians?
- 4 Dubai Visa Costs
- 5 What is the difference between a tourist and visit visa?
- 6 Can I get a visa on arrival in Dubai?
- 7 What are the requirements / Documents for Travelling to Dubai?
- 8 How can I apply for a Dubai visa in Nigeria?
- 9 How can I apply for a visit visa to Dubai?
- 10 Can I get a Dubai visa online?
- 11 How long does it take to process a Dubai Visa?
- 12 Can I extend my tourist visa in Dubai?
- 13 Can I extend my visit visa in Dubai?
- 14 How many hours does it take from Nigeria to Dubai?
- 15 What is the cheapest month to fly to Dubai?
- 16 Where should I stay when visiting Dubai?
- 17 Are taxis expensive in Dubai?
- 18 What are the best places and attractions in Dubai?
- 19 What food should can one try when visiting Dubai?
Does Dubai have an embassy in Nigeria?
AS Dubai is a city in the United Arab Emirates. There is a United Arab Emirates’ embassy in Abuja. This is the only UAE embassy in Nigeria. The UAE embassy is in Abuja.
The Embassy is located at: No 2, Columbia Close Office Colorado Street, Minister’s Hill Miatama, Abuja Nigeria. The Embassy’s Phone Number is; +234-9875-0270. You can reach the Embassy by this email; [email protected]
Is Dubai a visa-free country?
Nigerian passport holders require a visa to enter Dubai. The process can be relatively painless. To acquire a visa, you can apply at the Dubai Visa Application Centre in Lagos or online.
You’ll need to apply for a Dubai visa between 2 weeks to 2 months before your date of departure. Because the validity of the visa is 58 days from the date of issue
Types of Dubai Visa available to Nigerians?
96-Hour Visa: Allows you to stay in UAE for a maximum of 96 hours. Suitable for people intend to stay for less than 4 days in the country.
14-Day Visa: This visa is non-extendable after 14 days. It is valid for 14-days starting from the issued day.
30-Day Visa: This visa is non-extendable after 30 days. It is valid for 30 days starting from the issued day.
90-Day Visa: This visa is valid for 90 days. Best for travellers on holiday and leisure.
Dubai Visa Costs
- 30-Day Visa: ₦30,000
- 96-Hour Visa: ₦23,000
- 14-Day Visa: ₦30,000
- 90-Day Visa: ₦63,000
- 90-Day Multi-Entry Long Term Visa: ₦154,000
- 30-Day Multi-Entry Short Term Visa: ₦61,000
- Cancellation Charge: ₦8,400
What is the difference between a tourist and visit visa?
A tourist visa stipulates the duration of stay and the purpose (which is leisure travel). While a Visitor visa may be for the purpose of visiting friends or family, medical treatment, business etc.
Can I get a visa on arrival in Dubai?
Visa on arrival isn’t available to Nigerian passport holders. However, you can check out this list of free visa and visa arrival countries for Nigerian passport holders.
What are the requirements / Documents for Travelling to Dubai?
These a list of documents that will be required if you’re to receive a Dubai visa. Additional documents needed may vary per visa type.
- A valid Nigerian passport which must be valid for at least 6 (six) months.
- 4.3cm x 5.5 cm colored photographs on light (best white) background.
- You Visa Application Form duly filled in block letters.
- Photocopies of your ID card and Passport (including valid and expired visas).
- Proof of health insurance.
- Proof of two-way air tickets.
- A Proof of Financial Status: A copy of your recent Nigerian bank statement going back 6 (six) months showing that you have sufficient funds to stay in Dubai.
- A Copy of a Confirmed Itinerary: This means you must show all your travel plans which would include the date of arrival and departure. It is important you include your flight details.
- A Proof of Residency: In most cases, you have to show where you would be staying. If you are staying in a hotel, you can show evidence of a hotel reservation.
- The travel or tourist visa is a single-entry document lawful for 58 days from the date it was issued. It allows a traveller to stay in Dubai for 30 days. The visa has particular requirements: Visit for tourist purpose only Booked hotel proof Traveler should have a high profession with a proof attached to the documents Only for family visits (2 or more people) Not issued for a single tourist travelling alone The 96-hour-visa is a type of visa that is perfect for Nigerians who are planning to spend in the UAE 1-3 days. Businesspersons are the ones who often apply for this Dubai visa which is legit for 30 days from the moment it was issued. The main requirement is to have an onwards flight and destination. The 14-day visa is a short-term document that cannot be extended. It allows spending two weeks in Dubai and is legit for two weeks from the moment it was issued. The list of requirements for this visa is as follows: Booked hotel proof Financial statement from Nigerian bank Profession proof or bank card (debit or credit) Minor applicants have to be accompanied by parents or relatives. Only in this situation would their visa application will be reviewed.
How can I apply for a Dubai visa in Nigeria?
To apply for a Dubai visa means that you have all your documents ready. Having met the visa requirements, you’ll need to fill out the special visa form before you can go to the Application Center in Lagos and apply for UAE visa. It is possible to send documents through an online service or bring them in person, but you’ll have to pay the fees at Visa Application Center only and after you have booked a ticket to Dubai.
You can also apply for a visa online. The Dubai application center is the VFS Processing Centre in Lagos.
How can I apply for a visit visa to Dubai?
You can apply for a visit visa to Dubai by applying online here or locating a VFS Processing Centre in Lagos. You can also use credible travel agencies in Nigeria.
Can I get a Dubai visa online?
You can apply for a visa online if you’re from Nigeria or any of the other 179 countries that are allowed to visit Dubai. Apply online here for a Dubai visa.
How long does it take to process a Dubai Visa?
Depending on the type of visa you want to get and when it is approved by immigration. The processing time for a Dubai Visa is between 2 to 8 days. A 2 weeks tourist visa is usually processed between 2 to 5 days.
Can I extend my tourist visa in Dubai?
A tourist visa can be extended for 30 days twice, upon renewal without the need to leave the country. However one will need to apply for the second renewal before the expiry of the first one. Paying 600 dirhams each time of renewal.
People who overstay their visa period and do not renew, will have to pay AED 100 fine for each day of their overstay. Starting from 10 days after the visa expiry day.
Can I extend my visit visa in Dubai?
A visit visa can be extended for 30 days twice, upon renewal without the need to leave the country. Visitors and tourists can apply for the second renewal before the expiry of the first one against AED 600 each time of renewal.
Visa overstayers who do not renew, as above, will have to pay AED 100 fine for each day of their overstay, to be calculated from 10 days after the visa expiry.
How many hours does it take from Nigeria to Dubai?
It takes 7 hours, 49 minutes to get from Lagos, Nigeria to Dubai, United Arab Emirates. While from Abuja to Dubai, It takes 7 hours, 11 minutes.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Dubai?
The cheapest months to fly to Dubai is during the shoulder season, the period before and after the off-season (summer months). This shoulder season includes the month of May and September. Since the weather is also convenient during these months, it’s considered as the best option when you want to travel to Dubai on a cheap.
P.S: Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
Where should I stay when visiting Dubai?
We have identified four main areas in Dubai that could potentially be the best place for you to stay in; near Burj Khalifa (Dubai’s Downtown), Jumeirah Beach, Dubai Marina and The Palm Jumeirah.
Are taxis expensive in Dubai?
Not really but using a taxi from the airport to the hotel is a bit more expensive. Because what you pay just for getting into the taxi is twenty dirhams (AED20). But if you hail a cab in the street or get into a cab at a taxi stand, you pay just AED 5.
What are the best places and attractions in Dubai?
The best places and attractions to visit in Dubai are:
- Burj Khalifa
- Dubai Mall
- Dubai Museum
- Dubai Aquarium
- Burj al-Arab
- Jumeirah Beach
- Mall of the Emirates
- Dubai Opera
- Alserkal Art District
- Aquaventure Waterpark
What food should can one try when visiting Dubai?
Here is a list of some food to try when visiting Dubai:
- Chelo Kebab with fragrant dill or sour zereshk berries
- Mekong Chicken Burger
- Stuffed Camel
- Al Machboos