Trove is a technological platform that lets Nigerians invest in international and local financial opportunities. Like the US, Chinese & Nigerian Stocks, Government Bonds, US ETFs and more. From as little as ₦1000.
- How to make money online in Nigeria: 19 practical ways in 2020
- 8 Legit Best Sites to buy Bitcoin in Nigeria for 2020
- How to register a business in Nigeria 2020
It doesn’t matter what you’re investing in. Be it stocks, bonds, real estate or any other financial instrument. The goal of investing is simple; to generate extra cash.
Stocks have shown to offer the most potential for growth when compared to bonds. They are also far more liquid and diversifiable than real estate.
In today’s global world, financial investment opportunities are not limited by geography. Anyone with a smartphone can engage in the global economy and own financial assets in any country. Without the need to be a resident of the country.
As a Nigerian, investing in foreign stocks offers three main benefits. These benefits include; earning an income through dividends. Diversification of an investment portfolio and becoming a stakeholder in foreign and global companies.
These online investment platforms allow you to invest in foreign stocks.
Koboline Review of Trove
Trove is spreading the idea of Micro Investing. The belief that anyone can build wealth by investing small sums of money on a regular basis. Rather than investing a huge sum of money at once.
This app also provides access to tools that can help you to become a smart investor.
How does Trove App Work?
Trove works with a host of partners that enable the over their investment services. They include Paystack, Verve, 213 Capital, Visa and Mastercard to ensure market access. Particularly, they are partners with Sigma Securities Limited. A SEC-registered company and NSE-member to enable securities trading.
How to Sign Up for Trove App
To open an account on the Trove app:
- Download the app on google play store.
- Fill out an account opening form by entering information. Such as your email, First name & phone number and tap the Sign-Up button.
- Enter your Phone number
- Fill your Investment profile by choosing your investment goal and Investment experience
- Fill out the funding & liquidity section. By stating the sources of your funds and how much liquidity you have.
- Choose your risk tolerance.
- State if you’re politically exposed. If any member of your immediate family member is is occupying a political office.
- Then complete your profile by filling in your personal information like;
- Personal Information ( Birth year, Gender, Marital status & BVN)
- Nationality & Residential Information
- Occupation & Next of Kin
- Bank account details (Link your bank account)
- Upload required Documents (Passport photograph, Valid ID, Utility Bill, Signature)
- After filling out the necessary information. Trove will review your account application. After the review you would either:
- receive a confirmatory email stating that your account has been approved. You can fund your wallet and begin investing. This could take anywhere between 3-5 business days.
- Or More verification might be required. This could potentially occur in the following instances:
- Necessary documents were not uploaded correctly.
- Personal Information mismatch. E.g Address on the application does not match the address on the utility bill.
- When the name on the application form does not match the name on your BVN. No transactions can be carried out before the approval of your application is. This includes funding of wallet balances and placing trade orders.
You can also secure your Trove account by setting an App Lock Functionality. It allows immediate access to your Trove account. By setting a device PIN to enter every time the Trove App launches on your device.
Tip: To adjust this setting. Tap the Menu bar icon in the upper left corner of the home screen, select “Account Settings”. Then select “App Lock” and then set the PIN if you want to. You may also disable at your will. Although You would still need to enter your PIN to disable the App Lock Functionality.
Trove provides you with the choice to transfer your investments to another brokerage. But, you will need to close your Trove account to do so.
How secure is Trove App
Trove ensures your personal information is well encrypted with 256-bit encryption. And stored using cutting edge security technologies.
Trove’s partner, DriveWealth LLC, a regulated member of FINRA/SIPC. Holds All the US trading accounts on Trove. It also protects securities holdings of its members. Of up to $500,000 (including $250,000 for claims for cash). Its other partner, Sigma Securities. A firm regulated by the NSE & Securities and Exchange Commission. Holds all Nigerian trading accounts. While ARM Investment Managers, a licensed Asset manager in Lagos, Nigeria. Acts as Investment managers for the Portfolios on Trove.
Product Features of Trove App
- Platforms: Android (iOS App is coming soon.)
- Minimum investment amount: ₦1,000.
- Required Documentation: Government Issued ID and a Utility Bill ready. The documents will be an image, not an actual physical copy. Some basic information like (Verified Email Address, Verified Phone Number, Bank Account Information).
- Payment Options: Mastercard, VISA and Verve cards issued by Nigerian Banks. Bank Transfer.
- Holding period: As long as you like.
- Investment monitoring: You can track returns on investments purchased through the Trove app.
- Deposits Fees: (1.5%+ ₦100 for transactions over ₦2,500)
- Trading Fees (Naira Wallet): SEC (Securities & Exchange Commission) – 0.30%, CSCS Trade Alert – ₦4.20, VAT on commissions – 5% of NSE, SEC & Brokerage fees. Stamp Duty – 0.075%, Brokerage – 1.35%, Platform Fees – 0.5%
- Trading Fees (Dollar Wallet): 1% of Transaction Amount (Minimum of $2.5).
- Withdrawals: You can withdraw uninvested cash in your wallet for 3 business days or more. If you’re withdrawing more than your invested cash. You’ll need to sell some of your purchased assets. If you submit a sell order it will take between 1 to 2 business days for your funds to settle in your account. You can either choose to deposit the fund in your wallet or bank account. For foreign securities, the least amount you can withdraw a is $50.
- Security: Trove ensures your personal information is well encrypted with 256-bit encryption. And stored using cutting edge security technologies. Trove’s partner, DriveWealth LLC, a regulated member of FINRA/SIPC. Holds All the US trading accounts on Trove. It also protects securities holdings of its members. Of up to $500,000 (including $250,000 for claims for cash). Its other partner, Sigma Securities. A firm regulated by the NSE & Securities and Exchange Commission. Holds all Nigerian trading accounts. While ARM Investment Managers, a licensed Asset manager in Lagos, Nigeria. Acts as Investment managers for the Portfolios on Trove.
The Emergence of Trove has simplified investing for Nigerians. You don’t need to be wealthy, to partake in the global economy. You can invest in foreign and local stocks, Government bonds and ETFs. Through a mobile app with a little sum of money.
Although Trove’s target customers are millennials. Anyone that is quite savvy with a smartphone can invest in foreign stocks using the Trove app.
Note: Investors should consider the investment objectives. And also their unique risk profile of all individual asset types carefully before investing.
Note: Investors should consider their investment objectives. And also their unique risk profile of all individual asset types carefully before investing with Trove or any other Investment instrument.