Last Updated on November 7, 2023
Need to get your account statement from Mpesa? This is how to get Mpesa Statement via email and SMS in Kenya.
An Mpesa statement refers to a record of transactions and financial activities associated with an Mpesa mobile money account. When you perform various financial transactions using Mpesa, such as sending money, receiving money, paying bills, buying goods and services, or withdrawing cash, all these activities are recorded and stored by the Mpesa system. These transaction records collectively form the Mpesa statement.
M-Pesa statements are essential for you to keep track of your financial activities, monitor your spending, and reconcile your accounts. They are useful for personal financial management, budgeting, and record-keeping purposes.
After countless payments and transactions with your Mpesa money account, you might need to get your Mpesa statement.
An M-Pesa statement includes the following information for each transaction:
- Transaction Date and Time: The date and time when the transaction occurred.
- Transaction Type: The type of transaction performed, such as sending money, receiving money, paying a bill, or making a purchase.
- Transaction Amount: The amount of money involved in the transaction.
- Recipient’s Details: For transactions involving sending money or payments, the statement may include details about the recipient, such as their phone number or account number.
- Transaction ID: A unique identifier assigned to each transaction for tracking and reference purposes.
- Transaction Status: Whether the transaction was successful or unsuccessful.
- Balance: The remaining balance in the Mpesa account after the transaction.
Let’s get started on how to get your Mpesa statement in Kenya.
Types of Mpesa Statement
These are the types of Mpesa Statement available:
- The Mini Statement provides a summary of the most recent transactions on your M-Pesa account.
- It includes the most recent transactions, usually the last 5 or 10 transactions.
- The Mini Statement is a concise overview and doesn’t contain the details of older transactions.
- The Full Statement is a comprehensive record of all transactions performed on your M-Pesa account within a specific period.
- It includes details of all transactions, such as sending and receiving money, bill payments, purchases, and withdrawals.
- The Full Statement typically covers a defined time range, which can be a month, three months, six months, or a custom range specified by the user.
- This statement is more detailed and useful for accounting, budgeting, and financial record-keeping purposes.
How to Get Mpesa Statement via email & SMS
Here’s how to get Mpesa statement:
1. Access code
To get your Mpesa statement via an access code
- Dial *334# on your mobile phone
- Select “My Account”: After dialling the code, you will be presented with a menu of options. Look for and select the one that says “My Account” or something similar.
- Choose “MPESA Statement”: From the “My Account” menu, there is an option called “MPESA Statement.” Select it to proceed.
- Request Statement: Once you enter the “MPESA Statement” section, you will see an option to “Request Statement”. Click on it to initiate the request.
- Select the Period: The system will prompt you to specify the period for the statement. Enter the dates or date range for which you want the statement to cover. For example, you can input “1st August 2023 – 30th August 2023” to get the statement for that specific month.
- Enter Recipient’s Email: You will be asked to enter the recipient’s email address, where you want the statement to be sent. Type in the email address correctly
- Confirm Recipient’s Email: To ensure there are no typos, you will be asked to re-enter the recipient’s email address to confirm it.
- Enter MPESA PIN: As a security measure, you will need to enter your MPESA PIN to verify your request.
- Receive Access Code: After verifying your PIN, you will receive an SMS notification containing an access code.
- Acess the Statement: You can now access the Mpesa statement by using the provided access code. The statement will be sent to the recipient’s email address you specified earlier.
2. Mpesa App
Here’s how to get your Mpesa statement using the app.
- Log in to the Mpesa App: Open the app and log in using your Mpesa pin or any other authentication method you have set up.
- Access Mpesa Statements: After logging in, you will be directed to the home page of the Mpesa app. Look for the option that says “Mpesa Statements”. It is located in the main menu or on the app’s home page.
- Select the Month: The next step on how to get a Mpesa statement is to select the month. Once you access the “Mpesa Statements” section, you will see a list of months or date ranges. Choose the specific month for which you want the statement.
- Export Statements: After selecting the desired month, there is an option to “Export Statements”. Click on this option to proceed.
- Generate Statements: You will see an option that says “Generate Statements”. Click on it, and the Mpesa app will process your request.
- Download the Statement: The last step on how to get the Mpesa statement is to download it. Click on the download option, and the statement will be saved on your phone. You can now view it at your convenience.
How to Opt out of Mpesa Statement
To opt out of Mpesa statement, follow these steps:
- Dial *334#
- Select “My Account”
- Choose “Mpesa Statement” and punch proceed.
- Opt-Out: Once you enter the “Mpesa Statement” section, you will see various options related to Mpesa statements. Look for the option that says “Opt Out” or “Deactivate” the service.
- Confirm Opt Out: After selecting the option to opt-out, the system will send confirmation. Follow the prompts to confirm your decision to opt out of the service.
Final thoughts on How To Get Mpesa Statement
Mpesa Statement keeps you updated on all your financial transactions. Signing up for Mpesa statements means you’ll always get monthly statements on your transactions.
But, you can always opt-out when you want. Remember to safeguard your Mpesa statement as it’s your financial secret peculiar to you.